Mutton Kheema Vadai. Minced Meat Fritters. Kyma Vadai. Minced Goat's Meat Fritters.
Mutton Keema 250 gms(minced goat's or lamb's meat)
Chenna dal 1 cup(soaked in water 45 min)
Ginger-garlic paste 3 spoons
Curry leaves 3-4 twigs (chopped)
Onions very finely chopped 1-2 bowls
Green chilies finely chopped 2-3 spoons
Finely chopped ginger 1-2 spoons
Chopped mint leaves 1 cup
Chopped coriander leaves 1 cup
Rice flour 2-4 spoons
Oil for frying.
Powder these together:
Dry red chilies 10
Fennel seeds 2 spoons
0. Finely mince in your blender...the already minced meat again.
1. Wet grind coarsely the soaked chenna dal. Mix with ginger - garlic paste. Mix the minced meat to this.
2.Mix curry leaves and powdered masal together. The dough should be tight. At the same time not hard too.
3. One can add few spoons of rice powder to it....to get the crispy outer layer.
4. Further add onions, green chilies, coriander, curry and mint leaves too. Mix well and leave it in fridge for about an hour.
5. In a deep pan heat oil. Make roundels of the dough prepared. Fry them in oil. Maintain the stove on medium flame. The roundels should be thin here. Never make it bulby as we usually do for regular vadas. Stick to only flat and crispy vadas only here. It is pressed with wet hands....each time. Fry till reddish brown.
This is kind of heavy snack.....usually served along with hot green tea. It can be treated as side dish as well.