Beet Root Vadai:
Beet Root Fritters.
Beet Root 1 large - grated
Chana dal 1 cup(soaked in water 45 min)
Dry red chilies 6
Fennel seeds 1 spoon
Ginger-garlic paste 2 spoons(fresh)
Curry leaves 3-4 twigs (chopped)
Onions very finely chopped 1-2 bowls
Green chilies 3-4 finely chopped
Chopped mint leaves few
Chopped coriander leaves few
Curry leaves fienly chopped few
Rice flour 2-4 spoons
Oil for frying.
0. Peelt he Beet root and grate it(fine) Set aside.
1. Wet grind coarsely the soaked chana dal, ginger-garlic, dry red chilies and fennel seeds. Mix salt and beet root to it.
2. Mix chilies, onions, coriander, mint and curry leaves too.
3. One can add few spoons of rice powder to it....to get the crispy outer layer.
4. Mix well and leave it in fridge for about an hour.
5. In a deep pan, heat oil. Make roundels of the dough prepared. Fry them in oil. Maintain the stove on medium flame. The fritters should be small and semi-thick here.
This is kind of heavy for a snack.....usually served along with warm green tea. It can be treated as side dish as well!