Cooking Disasters - Share, Laugh and Learn!!!
Kitchen Mishaps - Event Announcement:
Many (at least few, who spoke to me offline) think, that I am a decent cook! My friends were so excited that I cooked (huh, at least I could trick them into believing that). Some unknown sweet friend asked me 'how to make Christmas fruit cake'(to me?!). Gosh, wish she had seen my Lousy Cake Episode!
Last Christmas, I made a major fire accident in my house...left a pot of oil on the hot stove and stepped out for shopping...after that terrible experience, I had a huge success rate of avoiding host parties altogether!!!
Very rarely(frequently), when it turns out completely inedible...I bury those in my backyard (Yes, I am a sneaky person). Sometimes I take pictures (why? why? how could I?)...just to release copyright free pictures, ha ha. (See, my damn pictures have been plagiarized several times, just a revenge).
Cooked anything that was totally unpalatable(accidentally or intentionally)! Come on, feel free to share with me.
Do you have a funny story related to cooking disaster! What could be more fun than self-deprecating?! Please share and laugh with us.
What were the kitchen mishaps that still haunt you?
Rules and Regulations:
1. Lousy food pictures are invited but not mandatory.
2. Interesting anecdotes, food pictures and recipes are most welcome.
3. All are invited (Newbie, amateurs, experienced cook and chefs) and don't be shy.
4. Multiple entries are encouraged. If you have a previous entry for this theme(just in case)! Please re post them and link back to this Event Announcement.
5. Non-Bloggers - please mail me your experiences, recipes and photographs.
6. Bloggers - Please add the logo to your post and link back to this Event Announcement.
7. Send me your entries to email@example.com with the following details.
Subject - Kitchen Mishaps
A photo of the final dish:
Entries posted from today onwards is taken into account, preferably before January 15th of 2010.
Looking forward to host my first event and the roundup could be pretty much expected before the last week of January 2010.